A message from
West Hill Parish Council & West Hill Village Hall Trustees
Consultation with West Hill Residents
In 2018/2019 the Parish Council consulted West Hill residents on their traffic and travel concerns. Their top priority was
To create a new pedestrian link to the Village Hall and Primary School from West Hill Rd
A project group was established to explore how this could be achieved.
The group included representatives of various village organisations:
- Ian Heard, Chairman, Village Hall Trustees
- Margaret Hall, former Chair, Parish Council
- Cheryl Boulton, Headteacher, West Hill Primary School
The objectives of the project were:
- To create a safe pedestrian access to Village Hall and School for the benefit of school children, their parents and hall users.
- To improve safety of children and parents in the Village Hall Car Park area, particularly at school drop-off and pick-up times, by reducing vehicle traffic.
- To encourage walking to the Village Hall and school.
- To improve safety by reducing pedestrian traffic crossing McColl’s car park
- To improve footpath connectivity in the village
The project group worked with professionals including Traffic Consultants to design a new footpath.
- Please click here for the proposed path layout (A large poster version is on display outside the Village Hall.)
The proposal has been professionally assessed and meets the requirements of a Road Safety Audit. A professional speed survey showed average speeds on West Hill Road were 16mph. Preliminary discussions with DCC Highways and EDDC are favourable. A planning application to East Devon District Council will be made following this consultation. If this is approved both parties will seek grant funding towards the cost of the project.
We are keen to receive your feedback on the proposal. Deadline 4th June 2021
Ways to respond
- online survey on www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VillageHallPath
- post your comments in the box at McColls.
- email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you support the proposals: Yes / No /Neutral
- Your contact details: Name, address, telephone, email
(Your details will be used for the purposes of this consultation only. They will not be shared with Third Parties.)
Thankyou for your feedback.