Following the latest Government Coronavirus announcements East Devon is now in Tier 3: Very High Alert restrictions .
The Government has produced useful posters that give a good overview of what you can and cannot do in an area in Tier 3 of local restrictions:
In summary, Tier 3 Very High alert
Around 1 in 3 people with Covid-19 have no symptoms so will be spreading the virus without realising. We must all take action to protect each other and our hospital capacity.
For more information and detailed guidance visit: gov.uk/coronavirus
- MEETING FRIENDS AND FAMILY No mixing of households indoors, or most outdoor places, apart from support bubbles. Maximum of six in some outdoor public spaces (e.g. parks, public gardens).
- BARS, PUBS AND RESTAURANTS Hospitality is closed, with the exception of sales by takeaway, drive-through or delivery.
- RETAIL Open.
- WORK AND BUSINESS Everyone who can work from home should do so.
- EDUCATION Early years settings, schools, colleges and universities open. Childcare, other supervised activities for children, and childcare bubbles permitted.
- INDOOR LEISURE Open. Group activities and classes should not take place.
- ACCOMMODATION Closed (with limited exceptions)
- PERSONAL CARE Open.
- OVERNIGHT STAYS We advise against overnight stays other than with household or support bubble.
- WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS 15 guests for weddings, civil partnerships and wakes; 30 for funerals. Wedding receptions not permitted.
- ENTERTAINMENT Indoor venues closed.
- PLACES OF WORSHIP Open, but cannot interact with anyone outside household or support bubble.
- TRAVELLING Avoid travelling outside your area, other than where necessary such as for work or education. Further exemptions apply. Reduce the number of journeys where possible. Plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transport. Avoid car sharing with those outside of your household or support bubble.
- EXERCISE Classes and organised adult sport can take place outdoors, but people should avoid higher-risk contact activity. Group exercise activities and sports indoors should not take place, unless with your household or bubble. Organised activities for elite athletes, under-18s and disabled people can continue.
- RESIDENTIAL CARE COVID-secure arrangements such as substantial screens, visiting pods, and window visits. Outdoor/airtight visits only (rollout of rapid testing will enable indoor visits including contact).
- LARGE EVENTS Events should not take place. Drive-in events permitted