Devon County Council news 29th October 2021
For anyone confused about Covid-19 booster jabs, and flu vaccinations, a Devon County Council newsletter tells you everything you need to know.
The NHS and Devon Public Health are urging people to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 and flu viruses by following a few simple steps.
It follows an almost doubling in the number of patients in Devon hospitals with coronavirus since the beginning of October. And the NHS expect those numbers to rise.
This, on top of existing pressures on the local health and care system, is why the public are now being reminded that they can play a key role in keeping case numbers down.
Here’s what you can do:
- ensure that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having a booster dose if you are eligible
- have the seasonal flu vaccination
- continue to follow social distancing measures, wear a mask where appropriate and wash your hands frequently
- avoid visiting people in hospital if you have sickness or diarrhoea
- self-isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- carry out regular lateral flow tests