Draft East Devon Local Plan: New Houses for West Hill?
Information - Questions - Have your Say!
Please come along to the Parish Council drop-in session for information on what's planned for East Devon and West Hill.
Draft Local Plan + West Hill: Drop-in session
Friday 18th November
3.45pm - 8.00pm Village Hall
- The agents for West Hill "preferred" sites have been invited.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) has reached a key stage in the development of a new Local Plan. Once approved the Local Plan will guide and inform decisions on where future business and housing development will take place in East Devon up to 2040. It sets out a wide range of planning policies on employment, sustainable travel, tackling climate change, housing needs etc. The Local Plan will be the key ‘turn to’ document that is used in determining planning applications for sites of several houses.
- Information on the Draft East Devon Local Plan is now available on the EDDC website
- The EDDC Public Consultation is now open: 7th November - Sunday 15th January
- Have your say! EDDC want your feedback. They have created a consultation website for residents to submit your views.
- Or by writing to Planning Policy, East Devon District Council, Blackdown House, Honiton, EX14 1EJ.
17 potential West Hill sites have been put forward by Landowners. EDDC have assessed the sites and, so far, propose the following sites are allocated for development:
First preference sites
Second preference site
How will the proposals affect West Hill? It’s important to note that the “status” of the sites is not fixed. Major decisions, such as the proposed creation of a new town are yet to be finalised and could increase West Hill’s housing allocation. Some of the West Hill sites may have to be re-considered and added to the list of proposed sites for development.
The Parish Council will continue to update our website with information during the consultation period.