West Hill Parish Council
West Hill Parish Council is inviting applications for a part-time Lengthsman. The Parish Lengthsman is a self-employed person who can really make a difference to the community environment by maintaining roadside verges and drainage.
Duties to include
- Cutting road verges to ensure visibility especially at junctions and at environmentally appropriate times of the year
- Picking up rubbish from roads, verges and ditches
- Keeping road signs clean and clear from vegetation
- Clearing ditches to ensure good flow of water to avoid localised flooding
- Other similar works including
- keeping footpaths useable and signs maintained and
- works to enhance woodland area as directed by council
- On occasion duties may include other small-scale maintenance work
You must be able to demonstrate appropriate certificates and insurance.
This contract for services is based on 8 hours work per month and will run for an initial period of one year from 1 June 2019. The rate will be £17.00 per hour.
To apply or request further details please contact Anne Oliver. Parish Clerk. Deadline for applications 8th May 2019
- Tel 01404 232 100
Anne Oliver, West Hill Parish Clerk
23 Apr 2019